New Town Notification System
We understand the importance of communicating with you and ensuring that we keep you in the loop regarding events in town that affect you. As a result, we are pleased to announce that we have initiated a new notification service for residents of the Town of New Carlisle called REACH Alert. This service allows us to immediately share important information regarding a number of items including power outages, waterline breaks/boil advisories, road closures or delays due to construction or accidents, sidewalk and street project info and cemetery clean-up dates. Please take the time to register for this service at 7023557422. If you don't have access to a computer or experience any difficulty registering, please contact REACH Alert at (877)307-9313.
The Town Crew has begun picking up leaves. Make sure leaves are raked to the curb. Please do not place leaves in the street where they can be dangerous and also can be washed into the storm sewer and clog up drainage systems.
Water Conservation Facts
- A garden hose without a shutoff nozzle can pour out 530 gallons of water in an hour.
- Repairing a dripping faucet can save up to 30 gallons per day.
- A leaking toilet can use as much as 100 gallons a day.
- Save up to 1300 gallons per month by installing a new low-flow toilet.
- Older washing machines use as much as 56 gallons per load... front loading machines use 20-25 gallons.
- Shower water use can be cut by 50 percent by installing low-flow showerheads.
- Turn off the water while brushing teeth and save up to 1000 gallons a month.
- Rinse fruit and veggies in a bowl of water instead of under running water to save up to 250 gallons per month.
Saving for Tomorrow...
|Dishwasher||12 gallons per load||7 gallons per load|
|Toilet Flushing||5 gallons per flush||
1.6 gallons per flush
|Bathing||36 gallons (full tub)|
|Laundry||47 gallons per full load||27 gallons per full load|
|Brushing Teeth||4 gallons per minute||1.5-2.5 gallons per minute|
|Washing hands||4 gallons per minute||1.5-2.5 gallons per minute|
|Shower||4 gallons per minute||2.5 gallons per minute|
|Yard Watering by Hand||9 gallons per minute|